Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Final Scatch Project


Creating a game was a challenging yet rewarding experience because it allowed me to use skills that I have learned throughout the Scratch lesson.  A game is when there is a problem that must be solved, it often includes different levels in which the difficulty of the game increases as the levels increase.  My favorite games are 2048 and Flappy Bird. 

I faced difficulty in my design because even though I copied the levels script from Eric's video, it would not run because my Scratch would only allow the upper half of the script to run.  This problem has occurred before, but luckily I was able to think of a new strategy.  The object of the game is for the Bear to eat up to 10 penguins before he hits the edge.  Once the bear hits the edge, you must press the space key in order for the levels to increase. Then, you must hold down the space key and have the bear eat as many penguins as possible before the bear has to return home, or back to level 1.  It was hard for me to make this script because my scratch projects would not save so any work I did was lost.  

The purpose of my project was for the levels to get harder, although I was not able to make this happen due to the Scratch issue.  The green flag is clicked in order for the game to begin, and then the bear must eat 10 penguins and try to get to the edge of the game before he eats anymore.  Once the bear is at the edge, you must hold down the space bar in order to move on to the next level.  Then, once the bear eats 10 more penguins to total 20, the bear must be at the edge again and then you must press the right arrow in order to go on to level 3.  Unfortunately, I was not able to finish my project due to technology issues on the Scratch website.  Despite this, I was still able to gather my Scratch knowledge and create something from it.  

Link to my project:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23684898/

No comments:

Post a Comment