Thursday, February 6, 2014

Eyes Opened

Some days start horribly. You can’t find the shirt you wanted to wear, your mom forgot to pack your lunch, and the dog sat on and then ate the research project that you spent the whole night on. Life can get busy and overwhelming. Everything moves so fast that we often forget what we like doing and cannot see the beauty of the world we live in. The constant rush of work and life causes us to become stressed and upset as the days go by. It’s almost like you blink and then another year has flown by. I’ve started to understand that life is not meant to be so draining but is meant to be viewed a gift, each day holds many opportunities and blessings. Once I actually realized that life on earth is limited, I began to value and appreciate each new day. One winter morning, absolutely nothing was going right. It was just another Monday morning, living in New England, waking up in total darkness, feet slamming against the cold floor. The whole morning was a blur, everything seemed so dreary. My whole mood changed as I left the house. The red door closing with a slam, the cold wind hitting my face. My eyes looked up to the sky and I stopped thinking about the upcoming week and was able to see the beauty in this magnificent sunrise. The blazing orange sun sat behind trees covered with pure, white snow. A clear blue sky was streaked with rosy pinks and soft yellows. It felt as if my eyes were opened. I was able to put aside my own problems and appreciate the day for what it was and the beauty it held.

1 comment: